By Carroll Pursell
- 22 unique essays by way of specialist students hide an important positive factors of yankee know-how, together with advancements in cars, tv, and computing
- Analyzes the ways that applied sciences are geared up, resembling within the engineering occupation, govt, medication and agriculture
- Includes discussions of ways applied sciences engage with race, gender, classification, and different organizing constructions in American society
Read or Download A Companion to American Technology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
A better half to American know-how is a groundbreaking number of unique essays that examine the hard-to-define phenomenon of “technology” in the USA. 22 unique essays via specialist students hide an important gains of yank know-how, together with advancements in autos, tv, and computing Analyzes the ways that applied sciences are prepared, reminiscent of within the engineering career, executive, drugs and agriculture comprises discussions of ways applied sciences engage with race, gender, type, and different organizing buildings in American society
Eli Rubin takes an leading edge method of client tradition to discover questions of political consensus and consent and the impression of ideology on lifestyle within the former East Germany. man made Socialism explores the background of East Germany throughout the creation and use of a deceptively basic fabric: plastic.
The Royal Society is without doubt one of the world's oldest and such a lot prestigious clinical our bodies, yet what has it performed in contemporary a long time? more and more marginalised by way of postwar advancements and the reforms of civil technology within the Nineteen Sixties, the Society used to be liable to resting on its laurels. as a substitute, it chanced on methods of exploiting its specified networks of medical expertise to advertise technological know-how.
The once a year collections within the historical past of know-how sequence examine the historical past of technological discovery and alter, exploring the connection of expertise to different points of lifestyles and exhibiting how technological improvement is suffering from the society during which it occurred.
- The Machines of Leonardo Da Vinci and Franz Reuleaux: Kinematics of Machines from the Renaissance to the 20th Century (History of Mechanism and Machine Science)
- When They Hid the Fire: A History of Electricity and Invisible Energy in America (INTERSECTIONS: Histories of Environment)
- Wiring the World: The Social and Cultural Creation of Global Telegraph Networks (Columbia Studies in International and Global History)
- Sächsisches Hüttenwesen: Schauplätze - Verfahren - Geschichte (German Edition)
Extra info for A Companion to American Technology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to American Technology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Carroll Pursell