By Lina Bountouri
Archives within the electronic Age: criteria, guidelines and Tools discusses semantic net applied sciences and their elevated utilization in dispensing archival fabric. The e-book is an invaluable guide for archivists and data experts operating in cultural historical past associations, together with files, libraries, and museums, delivering unique analyses of ways metadata and criteria are used to regulate archival fabric, and the way this fabric is disseminated in the course of the internet utilizing the net, the semantic internet, and social media technologies.
Following an creation from the writer, the e-book is split into 5 sections that discover archival description, digitization, the renovation of records, the promoting of archival fabric via social media, and present tendencies in archival science.
- Addresses crucial concerns in the archival group, overlaying present tendencies and the way forward for archival science
- Presents an unique viewpoint at the use of social media by way of archival institutions
- Provides leading edge, interdisciplinary learn that includes files and data management
- Discusses the dissemination of archival fabric utilizing semantic internet technologies
Read or Download Archives in the Digital Age: Standards, Policies and Tools (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Similar library & information science books
The booklet surroundings is extensively altering, and libraries needs to swap with it. This e-book tackles the arguable dialogue approximately eBooks and explores librarian-driven strategies and visions for the way forward for libraries within the twenty first century.
During this booklet, 9 librarians from around the kingdom describe their libraries’ top practices during this key quarter. Their contributions diversity from all-encompassing customer support guidelines and types any library can either adapt and be happy with to micro-approaches that emphasize providing first-class user-focused know-how making plans, photograph e-book association with buyers in brain, internet 2.
Shattering any concept that librarianship is a politically impartial realm, this insider’s account of 7 debates from the ground of the yank Library organization Council illustrates the mechanisms the governing physique used to take care of the established order on concerns like racism, govt surveillance and weather swap.
In the united kingdom and Europe, executive laws and rules all in favour of demography have asserted a paradigmatic shift in the direction of the elevated engagement of older individuals with public providers. The philosophy of person involvement and co-production inside those contexts has turn into fundamental to discovering ways that to enhance the health of older humans and their stories of ageing good.
- Leading in the New Academic Library
- Serving Homeschooled Teens and Their Parents (Libraries Unlimited Professional Guides for Young Adult Librarians Series)
- A Handbook of Practical Wisdom: Leadership, Organization and Integral Business Practice (The Practical Wisdom in Leadership and Organization Series)
- Praxishandbuch IT-Grundlagen für Bibliothekare (De Gruyter Reference) (German Edition)
- Festschrift für Horst Gronemeyer zum 60. Geburtstag (bibliothemata 10) (German Edition)
- Functional Future for Bibliographic Control: Transitioning into new communities of practice and awareness
Extra info for Archives in the Digital Age: Standards, Policies and Tools (Chandos Information Professional Series)
Archives in the Digital Age: Standards, Policies and Tools (Chandos Information Professional Series) by Lina Bountouri